Unique advent calendars
Who can forget the excitement of opening that magical little door every December morning in the run up to Christmas? I’d fight my sisters out of the way to get downstairs first to open that tiny cardboard square to reveal the picture beneath. As soon as December 1st hits the countdown to Chistmas really begins! The holidays are coming…..
I guess I can’t get away with a My Little Pony advent calendar anymore, so here’s a list of the top nine unique advent calander choices for us grown ups who want to retain the joy of the Christmas countdown. So if you haven’t sorted yours yet, here’s our pick of the top.
1. Here’s one for the main man in your life. Allow the beer lover to enjoy a new bottle of craft beer fr 24 days. Brilliant.
2. Not everyone loves chocolate, so for the sweetie addict here’s something different from Haribo. Only one catch – they don’t manufacture these for the UK market so you’re going to need to seek one out from eBay.
3. EVERYONE loves Star Wars, right? And with the new film soon to hit our screens the hype continues. Okay, so this is officially for children, but it’s irresistible for adults too.
4. Benefit have squeezed in to their 2015 calendar 12 of their fave minis including POREfessional, high beam and They’re Real! mascara. They’ve sold out online so you’ll need to check Debenhams and other local stockists to get your hands on one.
5. The GINvent calendar by Drinks by the Dram is available from Selfridges for around £125, delivering 24 30ml gin samples for you to try.
6. The mani addict is going to love these luxury minis from Ciate. Around £50 from stockists including Boots, ASOS and Very.
7. All eyes are on lush lashes this festive party season so get your 12 days of lashes ready with this Hollywood inspired set. Costs around £50 and available from the Eylure website.
8. Every day reveal a tealight candle in one of seven seasonal scents. A beautiful way to get the Christmas atmosphere started in your home.
9. The perfect choice for you to share with the other half, or to gift for your best couple, the Hotel Chocolate calendar brings you two mini truffles each day so you each get one to enjoy together.